The NWA Area MicroStrategy user group is kicking off 2016 with a new meetup group. Their first meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Jan 18, 2016 at 6 PM. The location is TBD and will be announced shortly. If you haven’t joined or RSVP’d yet head over to Meetup.com and RSVP now!
Per the MicroStrategy website:
- General workflow and stability enhancements
- Enterprise Manager is now independent from Operations Manager and HealthAgent
- Dynamic dates in Desktop/VI
- Quickly import custom visualizations created using the MicroStrategy Developer Library (MSDL) in Desktop
- Mobile iOS and Android usability improvements
- Customizable MicroStrategy Web start page
- Automatic partitioning option for Intelligent Cubes
- Ability to update a cube in memory without having to import all the data again from the data source
- New Image Layout visualization
- Enhancements for Map visualizations
- Ability to apply a formatting theme to an entire Report Services Document or to a specific object
I must say I have been quite impressed with the volume of enhancements that have been coming from MicroStrategy in the last year. Maybe because the minor release are all but gone? What happened to 10.1.2? It makes upgrades a little more challenging since there is so much more to test each release cycle, but they are definitely pushing out more software changes each release than they have in years.
On the downside, it would seem support has fallen off a bit. I have cases that are open for months at a time, simply because it takes weeks in between responses. Perhaps something had to give.